HRIS & Payroll Specialist
As the HRIS & Payroll Specialist you are responsible for the activities relating to the company payroll and HRIS processing including developing, implementing and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate). You will be the company’s subject matter expert with all payroll and HRIS administration with a strong knowledge of employee benefit plan integrations. Additionally, you will be the main point of contact for all employees for all payroll and HRIS questions, and will support the Human Resources Teams for benefit related questions. You will report to the Chief Financial Office of CompareNetworks, Inc.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll (exempt and non-exempt), including time tracking. Performs bi-weekly payroll transfers (Direct Deposit, Positive Pay (live payroll checks), 401k Transfer, tax postings and payments).
- Audit payroll entries after each payroll is processed to validate transactions have posted correctly.
- Posts bi-weekly Payroll balances/costing data to Company accounting files.
- Assist employees with payroll related questions and issues.
- Research payroll related questions and issues when necessary.
- Run monthly and ad-hoc Payroll reports when requested.
- Respond to verification of employment Requests.
- Coordinates payroll data entry and feeds are accurately reflected in the HRIS system for benefit deductions and earnings contributions.
- Performs the necessary actions for the payroll tax registration, power of attorney, and other necessary protocol in alignment with the filing of payroll tax returns by our payroll processor.
- Ensure the quarterly payroll tax returns are timely and reconcile any adjustments with the accounting department.
- Manages and coordinates any payroll entry related to court orders, such as medical support orders and domestic relations orders.
- Perform reconciliations and regular audits between payroll, HRIS, and benefit administration tools (employee navigator), and carrier benefit plans.
- Perform, in coordination with Human Resources, the Year-end Processes (Employee Payroll Memos, Bonus/Profit Sharing distributions and W-2 distribution, etc).
- Ensure GlobalSpec and CompareNetworks is in compliance with all Payroll related laws and guidelines.
- Will be responsible for performing the payroll related activities for our Non-US based employees by interfacing with our International Payroll agencies in the UK and France.
- Subject matter expert as it relates to the HRIS system & administration, and serves as the companys integration project manager for areas involving the HRIS systems & processes.
- Recommends business process improvements to ensure the efficient use of the HRIS systems.
- Serves as primary contact with HRIS vendors
- Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files. Coordinates pre-employment paperwork and processes.
- Perform the necessary review, update and audit of the employee benefit plans in the HRIS system for benefit plan changes including annual open enrollment period.
- Prepares statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines.
- Responsible to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generates files/reports such as the ACA Compliance, EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Supports the human resources team of CompareNetworks & GlobalSpec, Inc in a back-up capacity as it relates to benefits administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; CEBS, CPP and/or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- At least 10+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience. Special training related to reconciliations of accounts and/or general ledger is preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with Paylocity & Employee Navigator a plus.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
- Must be organized and give importance to accuracy and verification.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, customer service skills, including strong writing & editing abilities, and follow-up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, and proficiency or the ability to learn quickly with little assistance other software packages.
- Good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality is critical.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, multi-task, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Customer service oriented (internal and external customers) to ensure timely follow-up.
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
This job posting outlines the general nature and key features of this position and is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. A detailed job description is available, but management retains the right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
CompareNetworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer